There are days when you would most like to stay in bed. You feel energetic and impotent, would like to push all tasks ahead and spend hours for hours. The motivation is at the zero point. Mostly a few tips and tricks help outsmart the inner bastard and boost the driving force again. How do they say? “What you can do today, do not postpone tomorrow”. Easier said than done. Especially when nothing works. Then you like to push everything to yourself and is by no means embarrassed to spend hours banalities. Now it is urgent to create incentives and to strengthen motivation. Enthusiasm is the impulse of our actions.
Motivation is everything
The basis of motivation is the pursuit of desired states and the avoidance of undesirable states. If you are not motivated to tackle things, you should first research the causes to see why you are demotivated. “What motivates us varies from person to person. Ohio State University psychologist Steven Reiss surveyed over 7,000 people on their motives, noting that although all have the same basic motives (there are 16 according to Reiss), the intensity of these motives varies. That is, each individual weighted goals such as the pursuit of honor, justice and power differently, “reads Dasgehirn.info on the page. However, it is agreed that positive emotions motivate. In the case of positive experiences, our reward system activates and, among other things, releases the “happiness hormone” dopamine.
Tips and tricks to motivate yourself
If you are in a big motivational hole, it is important to find a way out quickly. Try it:
- Clarify what’s important: what you have away, you have gone. Of course you should always follow this saying, but on days without energy and energy, it is actually better to think carefully about what needs to be done urgently and what may still wait until tomorrow.
- Do not forget the “why”: there is a reason behind every task. Ask yourself why the job has to be done. Focus on the result.
- Feel the positive feeling after completion: Positive motives automatically activate the reward system solely because of the joyous expectation. Imagine how you will feel after completing the task. Are you proud of yourself, relieved and satisfied because you made it?
- Influence yourself: If you think that the task is fun, it will be easier. This is easier said than done, but quite helpful. The subconscious is reprogrammed and you have an easier game.
- Diamonds are created under pressure: time pressure motivates many people. Tasks can be done better and faster. Even if you do not have a deadline for the upcoming activity, you can create one yourself to get you going.
- Create a daily schedule: Time is a big motivational factor. With the help of a daily schedule, you are not only well organized, but you also create the necessary time pressure to complete tasks.
- Celebrating small successes: Divide your tasks into small parts. Because less effort is more motivating than starting a monster project. So you can always put a hook on your to-do list and enjoy small successes.
- Motivational slogans: They may sound ridiculous at times, but can certainly help. And imagination is also known as education. So you get motivated with slogans like “Chakka, I can do it” or “I’ll rock the horse” – you’ll see, it helps.
- Motivation through reward: First the work, then the pleasure. Think about the best way to reward yourself after work. Do you want to go to a concert for a long time, to eat in your favorite restaurant or to get new clothes? Give yourself a reward and motivate yourself by thinking about it.
- Together we are strong: If it is possible, you win comrades in your project. This is of course not feasible in the job, but it offers, for example, in projects for sporting activities, weight loss, home cleaning, etc. on.
- Breaks in energy rejuvenation: Breaks are important to recharge your batteries, relieve tension and stress. Take your mind off things for a few minutes, take a little nap, go for a walk, treat yourself to an ice cream, or do some yoga exercises. Anything that motivates is allowed.
- Beautify the environment: Of course, this depends on your task or your goal. But if, for example, a desk is needed, you should make it pleasant: A great picture, relaxing music in the background, a soothing candle can be true motivational helpers.
Sometimes in such unpowered moments neither tips nor tricks help. Then it may be better to do nothing compulsively than to spend hours and hours of nothing productive. Treat yourself to a break from your tasks, gather energy and start your motivation again later.